What payment options are available?
We currently support the following payment options:
- PayPal Credit
- PayPal Express
- Credit/Debit Cards (Stripe)
- Credit/Debit Cards (Braintree)
- Amazon Pay
I haven’t heard of your shop are you safe?
We understand that since we are a relatively new shop many feel uneasy buying from us.
For any that fall into that category we recommend purchasing through PayPal as you can buy knowing that if anything was to go wrong, which it wont, you will be covered by their buyer protection guarantee (Details at www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security)
If you have any questions or hesitations about buying from us please contact us and we will do all we can to reassure you.
Which Courier do you use?
For the UK we use :
- Royal Mail
For International Deliveries we use:
- Royal Mail
- General Logistics
- Hybrid (USA – UPS+USPS)
Does The Solution Shop ship overseas?
We currently ship to:
- Republic of Cyprus,
- Czech Republic,
Delivery to other countries can be arranged on request.
Where do you ship from?
- We ship from our location in Hampshire, United Kingdom
How do you ship international orders?
All international orders are shipped one of two ways either directly by us (Via either Royal Mail or Interlink Express (DPD)) or via our partner hub.
This is to keep our international shipping prices as low as possible and is what enables us to charge a flat fee for all orders rather than prices based weight and country of destination. There is currently not options to choose between direct and parcel hub and these services are assigned automatically.
If you order is shipped via Royal Mail or DPD/Interlink Express expect tracking information within 6 hours of your order being dispatched (this does not mean that it has been picked up by the courier (This will take place the next day on weekdays and the next monday on weekends).
If your order has been marked as shipped but no tracking information is available that most likely means that your order has been sent via our partners parcel hub. This means that the package will be shipped first to the parcel hub and then injected into the relevant courier (Over 23 different couriers are are used and assigned depending on the country of destination) and as such tracking information is not available immediately. On weekdays Tracking information will be sent to you approximately at 5pm the day after your order is dispatched, and if your order is dispatched on the weekend it will be sent at approximately 5pm on the following Tuesday.
Delivery times takes both methods into account.
My order was just sent but I haven’t received tracking info?
Tracking information is sent when we receive tracking info from our couriers.
If you order is sent via our parcel hub then expect to receive tracking info the day after your order is dispatched.
If your order is sent by us directly and you have not received tracking info 24 hours after your parcel is dispatched then contact us and we will try to fix the issue.
How long will my order take to arrive?
Delivery times range from 2 working days for some countries to 7 working days for other countries.
Please be patient and if your order has not been received within 8 working days then contact us.
Can I make a local pickup?
At this time local pickup is not available
How much does UK shipping cost?
All Shipping Costs are automatically calculated exactly at checkout.
Standard UK delivery – £2
Express UK delivery – £3
Which courier do you use in the UK?
We ship orders differently depending on the value of the order:
Standard – MyHermes 2/3 Day or Royal Mail 2nd Class
Express – Royal Mail 1st Class
Standard – MyHermes 2/3 Day Signed for or Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
Express – Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For
Standard – DPD Next Day Delivery or UK Mail Next Day Delivery
Express – Royal Mail Guaranteed by 1pm
Are your products genuine?
- All our products are bought directly from the manufacturer
How do you have XiaoMi Products that are not available in europe?
- All our products are purchased from Mi.com in either China or Hong Kong.
- They are then shipped to either our Warehouse in China or Hong Kong.
- Our products are then forwarded to our location in the UK.
What’s your policy on Returns & Exchanges?
- 40 Day Return Period for Refund
- 60 Day Return Period for Exchange
- Buyer pays return shipping
How do your Pre-Orders work?
At The Solution Shop we have two different type of Pre-Orders : Pay Upfront & Pay Later
- This is offered on the majority of our preorders.
- You are charged WHEN you make the pre-order, not on the day of release
- All Payment methods available
- This is offered on some of our more popular products, where demand will not be an issue.
- You are given the choice of either paying with PayPal, Credit/Debit Card or Selecting Pay Later.
- When PayPal or Credit/Debit Card is selected you will be charged ON release day.
- If Pay Later is chosen you will be sent an email on release day asking for payment, this can then be done by PayPal or Credit Card (We are sorry no Amazon Payment at this time.
Does Pay Later guarantee me an item
- We offer pay later so that people can lock in the price that they will pay later.
- We will do our best to get the product for you but we make no guarantee
When I go to pay for my pre-order (Pay Later) it say there are no payment options available.
- When we have received (or are about to receive) our first units of an item we send out emails to all those who choose to pay later giving them the opportunity to pay for their order.
- When all the items we currently have in stock are sold anyone else who tries to pay for their order will be told that their are no payment options available.
- It is based on a first come first served basis
- These items are only available to those that pre-ordered.
- If you missed out you will receive an email telling you when their are more items available.
- We do this so that we do not overorder on products, which enables to keep our prices low.
What’s the difference between UK and China shipping locations?
On many of our products customers have the option to choose shipping from either China or the UK.
We have laid out how these different service work below.
|UK Warehouse||China Warehouse|
|Price||Cheapest in EU||Cheapest in World (We will price match)*|
|Dispatch Time||1-2 Days (Average <24h)||1-2 Days (Average <24h)|
|Shipping Time||1-3 Days (UK)
4-5 Days (EU)
|6 – 14 Days (EU) (9 Day Average)|
|VAT / Import Duty||We pay all relevant taxes when we import into the EU, you pay nothing.||Small chance of paying customs taxes, however we will do what we can to minimize this.|
|Support||Based in UK||Based in UK|
* We will only price match those with similar delivery time.